I was actually on my way back from Boston where I had flown in for Morgan & Jordan’s engagement session in mid-May when I first got the call about Jenn & Josh’s wedding. These two were putting the event together in just 6 weeks and could I jump on a plane back to photograph it? Well of course! I have known of Jenn Hudson for a number years through WPPI…where this incredibly talented photographer cleans up on awards night year after year. But it was actually at Mystic 6 that I actually met Jenn and (her) Josh for the first time when Jenn was scheduled to speak directly after me…we met during our AV check and these two immediately made an impression on me as a couple who were deeply and gloriously in love with one another.

So although it’s insanely nerve-racking to photograph the weddings of other photographers, it is also an incredible honor and a privilege. So I popped over to Boston once again to spend a beautiful weekend with Jenn & Josh and their lovely, lovely families and closest friends.

I’ll get more specifics from Jenn & Josh soon but this was pretty much an Etsy Wedding from head to toe, start to finish. Jenn’s vintage shoes, her headpiece, the bridesmaid dresses donned by Josh’s beautiful sisters, the boutonniere, even Olive’s “dress” were all purchased via Etsy shops. Jenn’s gown was one of the most incredible pieces of apparel art that I’ve ever seen. Hand-made on her the week before out of dozens of different pieces of vintage lace, it was absolutely perfect…and perfect on her. The ceremony and reception decor was designed by and executed by the incredibly talented Ashleigh, the window designer from the local Anthropologie store. And a huge thank you to Kristin Teig for shooting with me…visit Kristin’s blog to see all of the delicious details from this wedding.

This is Olive, one of the cutest dogs in the world. We got to be good friends after a slightly rocky start.

Jenn & Josh’s ceremony was officiated by Jenn’s dad and was held in the backyard of their brownstone under a canopy of purple, yellow and white ribbons.

The reception was right across the street at The Beehive.

Jenn & Josh, it was such a pleasure getting to you know you both, I look forward to a beautiful friendship with you and good luck with your move! xo

16 Responses to “An Etsy Wedding in Boston – Jenn & Josh”

1. alyda says:

woooooooowwwww!!!!!! I love love LOVE this Justine!

2. jennifer, so happy for you and josh, couldn’t be a better match anywhere. the photos brought tears to my eyes as i see the love you have for each other and how perfect josh is for you! he is one of a kind!~so glad you had the opportunity to move to boston where you were able to find your perfect soul mate!
    all the best for a wonderful life together.
    love,
    katherine

3. Michael says:

Justine,
    You are soooo good! I just love the way you photograph people. People please use this as an example what great photography is all about. Noone would’ve been better fit for Jennifer and Josh. I wanna hug you, Justine! I wish I could attend the wedding.

4. Cara Carlson says:

W.O.W. I also got to meet Jenn at Mystic6 and I’m so happy that I got to share in her day through your blog! I love every detail and unique design. So perfect! Beautiful photography of a gorgeous wedding!!

5. Desiree Hayes says:

Beautiful work, Justine! These are awesome and fun!

6. Melanie East says:

Oh Justine! – beautiful imagery! You have so captured the emotion here – it is almost tangible. Really really stunning work – you photograph people so well :)

7. Alicia says:

These are just amazing, Justine. And that perfect image of Jenn, with her little tendrils blowing back… I just can’t take my eyes off it. Stunning wedding, stunning bride, stunning photography.

8. Blonnie says:

These are so beautiful. The bride has the most beautiful hair and I looooove that dress! She is so lucky to have your photographs — so classic — to look back on.

9. What a beautiful bride, beautiful details, beautiful moments. Looks like a lovely day.

10. Crissy Everhart says:

Justine, these are amazing photos- I love the lighting in every single one. And what a cool wedding!

11. Sara says:

Exquisite work Justine! Inspiring x

12. Laura says:

LOVE THESE!! Congrats J & J!! You both looked so happy. <3 The best for you both! :)

13. Elena says:

Beautifully photographed Justine! I felt i was there and it was gorgeous! Love how beautiful Jenn & Josh are together and it brought a tear to my eyes to see how happy they are! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Elena

14. chris arnold says:

I adore EVERY.SINGLE.THING about that wedding! So gorgeous… and so beautifully captured. BRAVO!

15. Ruby Gray's says:

This is such a relaxed beautiful wedding. It looked like a lot of fun :)

16. Tracy says:

Wow. These are just perfect!!