Well the countdown has begun. In a little less than 2 weeks I will be heading back to Port Au Prince for my 2nd excursion to Haiti since January’s devastating earthquake. I was fortunate enough to be invited to go on a medical relief trip with an organization called New Reality International and I am thrilled to be going back with them again. I will be traveling with a small group of doctors, nurses and other relief workers to help provide medical care which is so desperately needed by the people of Haiti…and has been for many years now.
haiti008 Back to Haiti
The last time I went to Haiti, I was very fortunate to receive donations from family and friends to help foot the rather hefty costs of getting there (and back). Thank you so much to all of you who donated and/ or sent me your well-wishes. This time around, I am footing the bill myself and have been very fortunate to have been busy enough this year to do so. But we still need supplies and we need them desperately. The medical staff are dealing with medications and supplies to treat patients. I would like to bring a couple of large bags full of baby bottles, diapers, vitamins, soap, toothbrushes and other basic humanitarian supplies. This is where I need your help, so that I can bring as much as I can possibly carry. If you would like to donate, you can do so here through Network For Good. Just put my name in the designation box if you would like for your donation to go towards the supplies I will be carrying there personally although please feel free to make a more general donation if you’d prefer that. Donations are tax deductible and even a small amount can do a great deal of good.

If you’re comfortable doing so, please leave a comment below to let me know that you’ve donated so that I can be sure to follow up with NRI. And of course I will be posting images when I return so that you can see exactly where your money is going. Every penny donated will go directly towards purchasing supplies.

Here are a few images from my last trip to Haiti.
haiti002 Back to Haiti
haiti003 Back to Haiti
haiti004 Back to Haiti
haiti005 Back to Haiti
haiti006 Back to Haiti
haiti007 Back to Haiti
haiti009 Back to Haiti
haiti0012 Back to Haiti

My week in Haiti was one of the hardest and most gratifying experiences of my life. I have never come across people who are so eternally grateful for every little bit of help, kind word, smile, anything. Thank you so much for your amazing support!
xo,
Justine

11 Responses to “Back to Haiti”

1. Ami Armstrong says:

you are supported! xo ami

2. so proud of you for going back!!! can’t wait to hear about your next trip and see all your incredible images of Haiti!!!!

3. Laura Naples says:

Believe it or not I just this morning remembered you were going back to Haiti this summer and wondered how I might support the trip. Well, I just did. Thank you for the work you’re doing there and for the inspiring documentation.

4. Ellen Petty says:

We are so proud of you. You are an inspiration to us all!

5. Julie Goldman says:

Hi Justine,

I am an “old” friend of your brother Michael, we keep up on Facebook. I just wanted to let you know that I have been looking for a place to donate for Haiti and I just did for your supplies. Thank you for doing this! I wish that I could give more.

-Julie

6. carrie marvin says:

Hi Justine! Good luck with your travels and I hope the portion I donated brings someone a smile. Thanks for helping those who need it! xoxo, Carrie

7. ginny (king) leggett says:

Hey Justine -

I’ve been wanting to do something again for Haiti and you’re providing the perfect option. I made a donation. Safe travels and thanks for getting out there to help in the field.

Ginny

8. Anne and Jack! says:

You are amazing and you go on behalf of so many of us that wish we could do the same…

Wishing you safe safe travels- I will think of you every day.
    look forward to seeing and hearing more… on your site…. and in person later this summer.

Love-! Anne and Jack Jack!

9. Anne and Jack! says:

ps- yes- we made a donation… thats why I was writing in the first place!

10. Regan Gage says:

These photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them, I am going to Haiti on a medical mission in a few weeks and these will color my preparations and thoughts before I go.

11. Joydeep says:

Hi Justine,

I never knew you went to Haiti after the catastrophic earthquake. So nice to learn that you donated for such a noble cause…hats off to you!!!